Jun 21, 2016

Week 3 - June 21, 2016

Well this week has been a little difficult. Hermana Silva left and it was really hard on me. I love her a lot and pray that she is doing okay, and that her health is improving. Later that day I recieved the news that I would be Hermana Howarth´s new companion. So, I´m in a new district with new teachers and new investigators. I had to move out of my room and it felt like any sort of comfort zone I had built in the past three weeks was suddenly gone. It´s been difficult. Hermana Howarth and I are opposites in about every sense of the word. She is wonderful, don´t get me wrong. We are just very different. I miss Hermana Speth and Hermana Ashton. We got along so well and had so much fun. Hermana Speth and I had become best friends, and now I only see them at meals. Its lame, but it isn´t a big deal. Overall I'm adjusting well and realizing that I can make the most of any situation. I am here to learn Spanish and learn more about the gospel- so I´ve been focusing on that and really enjoying the work. 

There has been a beautiful outbreak of head lice among the Latinas. We are all slightly paranoid and were not very excited when they moved Latina Hermanas into our rooms a few nights ago.. Good chance I´ll wake up with lice tomorrow morning but I am strong, and worse things have happened. Shaving my head sounds promising. 

Today we had the opportunity to go out into the city! We first went to a Catholic Cathedral and were able to learn more about their religion, which was great because I don´t know as much as I maybe should, and that is the core belief system here. After we went into a big park and were told to give out Book of Mormons. It was crazy! My companion and I were really nervous, but I decided to just start talking to people and it was wonderful! We handed out all that we were supposed to, and I was blessed with the ability to understand clearly everything that people said. My Spanish was not flawless by any means, but good enough to get the message across, and I was able to give the missionaries 5 new investigators. I love the people here, their ways of life are fascinating to me and I know I will feel the same about those I will serve in El Salvador. 

This week has tested my strength and abilities in a couple different aspects, and I am thankful for it. I know that as we trust in the Lord anything is possible, and that our Heavenly Father´s power is without end. I am thankful for this gospel, and I am thankful for all of you.

Yo se que vive mi SeƱor.

Hermana Houston


No comments:

Post a Comment