Nov 21, 2016

Week 25 - November 21, 2016


Hello Friends and Family!

What a week. Leaving Ataco was maybe one of the hardest things that I have ever done. You all already know that I sobbed like a small child, and everyone cried too. It was so hard! But we all left off by saying I would be back in 5 years as long as I marry rich:))) yes I am still terrible.

I miss the members and people of Ataco dearly, but I have been warmly received here in Centro and all is well. Centro is hot. Really, really hot. I have never experienced this type of heat before in my life. I don't want to say that I am dying, but I am dying. The sun feels like it is 5 feet from my face, and I am sweating a ridiculous amount all of the time. It is disgusting. My first day here I had to change twice, but yesterday I only had to change my clothes once.. So here we are! Adjusting. Woohoo. I cant help but laugh that I thought Ataco was hot. Bless my heart.

Centro is an amazing ward with lots of love. As far as missionary work goes, we are starting from square one. We worked really hard this week.. And I don't feel discouraged. Mostly just optimistic for the potential that this area has, and for the work that there is to be done.

I am so excited because Johanna and another investigator, Sixto, were both baptized on Friday in Ataco. I am SO happy for them. I wasn't there to see it but I heard that it was absolutely beautiful. Ah, how great is missionary work!

My companion is Hermana Guzman from Guatemala and she is lovely. She comes from a family of 15 which still absolutely amazes me. Her mother must be wonder woman or something. She is a hard worker and we get along great. 

My hair is joke once again because.. Oh I don't know. A member wanted to die my hair as a going away gift which was so nice of her. I don't love how it turned out.. But I am learning good lessons:) Like how while there are a lot of things that matter, there are a lot of things that don't.. For example, the fact that I am real life Strawberry Shortcake. 

Okay, I love you all. I miss you guys, but being a missionary is such a wonderful experience that I wouldn't trade it for anything. Have a very happy Thanksgiving. I couldn't be more thankful for all that I have been given, especially a wonderful support system at home. Read your scriptures!

Hermana. Houston


No comments:

Post a Comment