Apr 17, 2017

Week 46- April 17 ,2017



Friends and Family,

Hi everyone! I hope that you all had the happiest Easter holiday. I had an interesting week here... I love celebrating holidays in a different culture, but sometimes it also makes me miss home.. Hehe but then I just have to snap myself out of it and get my booty movin' because there is work to do. But, yes, I missed you guys this week.. And Easter Egg Hunts. Oh well.

Considering that there are 3 catholic churches in my area, Centro was taken over by Holy Week Festivities. Parades, lots of street paintings which was pretty, parties, and... Drunk men. A lot of drunk men. We spent the week eating fish and other seasonal dishes.. Which resulted in throwing up 7 times. Haha, I just don't even know what to do with myself anymore.

As far as the work goes, it was a rough week. Everyone left to go visit family, or joined the rest of their families in their catholic traditions.. However, everyone will be back in their houses this week, so there's a lot to be happy about.

It was an eye-opening experience to pass this holiday in a culture that focuses a lot more on the death of Christ than what I have been used to. I was surprised that after a week full of street plays, singing, and crowds of people praying in the streets, on Sunday Morning just a car passed through the streets with a speaker that said "He is Risen" at 5:30 in the morning, and everyone started normal life again. It gave me the opportunity to think on and reflect about how grateful I am for the knowledge and testimony that I have of the Savior of the world. How thankful I am for His perfect example, His sacrifice, and that He Lives! Thanks to two amazing parents who raised me with gospel principles, I have never questioned who is Jesus Christ and the role that He has in my life. And now that I am older, my Savior has become my greatest friend, and His Atonement my greatest hope. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I love to testify of his holy name and sacred mission every single day. "And now, after the many testimonies that have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!"

I love you all, have a great week!

Sister Houston
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment