Sep 26, 2016

Week 17 - September 26, 2016


Hola!  This week went by super quick - which is good because this week was super hard... However, I am growing my testimony and ability to trust in the Lord's timing.  I am learning patience and what it means to see people the way that the Lord sees them.  Sometimes I get discouraged, but then I pray and my Heavenly Father always blesses me with overwhelming peace.  How amazing is it that, when we are sad we can talk to the most powerful being in the universe, and He will help us feel better?  I won't get preachy, but just reminding you all to say your prayers because they are important.:)

Well, as far as the work goes here in the frozen tundra of Ataco, things aren't too hot.  Haha, get it? No?  Okay.  My companion hasn't been feeling well so we passed almost the whole week in the house.  We got a little done everyday...but not much.  She seems to be doing better today, so I think this week will be better.  On Tuesday, I had intercambios with Hermana Heahnel in Ataco! We had so much fun, and I learned a lot from her.  I was able to lead the area all by myself which boosted my confidence, so that was good.  I can't believe this is the last full week of my training!  Where has the time gone?

I am so sorry that I don't have more to say, but nothing really happened this week.  I read all of Alma in 2 days, and made 65 foam butterfly sucker - holders for the relief society. Glitter glue and everything. So, I guess the good news is that my mission is turning me into the crafty - mormon mom I didn't know I had the potential to become.

Oh!  All of my fellow faithful ladies, how amazing was women's conference?! I didn't love watching it is Spanish, but I could still understand everything so all is well.  I love the idea that we aren't going to change the will of God through faith - but to have faith is to trust in His will for us!  That isn't always easy do do, but we can find peace in the fact that our Heavenly Father has a perfect knowledge, and also a perfect love for each of us.  So really, following his will, no matter how difficult, will always be the best option.  I hope you can watch general conference this coming weekend.  I know that through conference we can learn of way to become better, receive encouragement to keep enduring, and feel of our Savior's love!  I am so excited.

Well, I love you all. I know that through the atonement of our Savior, all things are possible for us.  Even eternal life with our families and loving Heavenly Father!  I know this church is true, and I love being a missionary.

Love,

Hermana Houston


No comments:

Post a Comment