Dec 19, 2016

Week 29 - December 19, 2016




Hi hi!

Oh my dear family and friends.. What a week. I am usually a really positive person, but I think I am getting close to my breaking point. Ahh! But I am becoming more humbled, learning to be more patient.. And we are getting through! Despite the little trials that I am passing through.. There is always something to be happy about, always something new to learn, and something to be thankful for. And as usual, I love being a missionary here in El Salvador:)

Literal miracles happened this week with Jose Rafeal! As we have been helping him to prepare to be baptized, we have been faced with a really rough smoking addiction. It has been hard, but I have never lost faith in him, and he hasn't lost faith in himself. The hard thing about life is that Satan is tricky, and that he knows what he is doing.. But as we have put our trust in the Lord, Jose has strengthened his faith in a loving Heavenly Father. Wednesday morning Jose smoked his last cigarette.. Jose tried to fight the temptation to smoke all morning, but just before lunch came up a little short. However, I had spent the night before praying my heart out that there would be a solution. And smoking that morning gave him the worst headache that he has ever had in his life, and that headache comes right back every time he even thinks about smoking. Oh my goodness! Do we ever realize how wild that is? A lifetime of smoking all taken away because of the love of our Heavenly Father and the Atonement of our Savior. I love being a missionary. I absolutely love it. 

Our cook told me that there is no danger in eating fish eyes, and that if I didn't eat them this week she was going to be offended. Can someone google if I am putting my life at risk, or if I just need to be more humble? Thank you. 

How thankful I am for this Christmas Season and the opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. How thankful I am for His birth, for the life that He lived, and the example that He gave. How thankful I am for His selfless sacrifice and the hope that it gives to me everyday. How thankful I am that He lives, that He loves me, and that I have the chance to become a little bit more like Him everyday. As the angels sang at the time of his birth,  "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peacegood will toward men." Luke 2:14.. I add my humble missionary testimony that He lives, and that thanks to Him, we all have hope for eternal peace and happiness.


Merry Christmas everyone! 

All of my love,

Hermana Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment