Dec 12, 2016

Week 28 - December 12, 2016

 
 
Hello Beautiful Family and Friends,

My life is so wonderful. I am not being obnoxious or bragging, but I love being a missionary. The truth would be that things are really hard right now, and sometimes I feel like everything is going wrong.. But there is such a joy and peace that I have in my heart all of the time! Being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints is without a doubt the best decision that I have ever, ever made. Thank you for letting me be here and for supporting me. And, ahhh! I get to see your cute faces in less than two weeks. Oh, my heart.

Okay, now for an adorable and amazing story. About 2 weeks ago, Hermana Guzman and I were looking for new investigators. And things were going as they usually do.. Doors in the face, sometimes people spitting at us because that's cute. So, I said a really sincere prayer with my companion, because I had just about had it.. But I pleaded with the Lord, and after said to my companion.. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Lord could just shine some light over a house so that we could know where to go? We laughed, and then literally the house to our left turned on their front porch lights. We looked at each other in shock, and kind of ran, with far too much excitement, to the door. The person waiting for us would become my good friend Jose Rafeal. A 63-year-old man with a heart of gold. We learned this week that not two minutes before we knocked on his door, he shared a humble prayer with his Heavenly Father to tell Him that he was ready to change his life, and he just needed to know where to go. Well, two young women with big smiles and a message about Jesus Christ were the answer to his prayer. We have been teaching Jose for 2 weeks, he accepts everything that we tell him as the truth without a shadow of a doubt. He came to church yesterday, and said that he wishes he would have known about the gospel for all of his life. Jose is going to be baptized on the 7th of January, and there could not be more joy in my heart.

Life is hard, but I know that the Lord is using me as His hands here in the center of Santa Ana, and it is the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced. I was studying this week in Ether, and I loved the last verse of chapter 12... "And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen." How thankful I am for this Christmas season and for all that my loving older brother, Jesus Christ, has done for me. What an honor it is to share the truths of His gospel with the people of El Salvador. I feel so thankful to be here, and I really would not change this experience for anything. During this Christmas season, may we seek our Savior Jesus Christ, our Redeemer that the prophets and apostles have testified of since the beginning of the world. I am so eternally grateful for His eternal sacrifice, and for this time of the year that we can praise His name.

Hermana Houston
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment