Dec 26, 2016

Week 30 - December 26,2016



Hi family!

Oh how wonderful it was to talk with you all yesterday, there just are not words. I miss you all, but how fun was it to talk and laugh.. And realize that I am still a normal person! Haha. I love you all so much.

I had a really fun, really happy Christmas here. I only slept one hour on Christmas Eve, there were so many fireworks going off. The people here go crazy for the Holidays! Starting at 9 o´clock and ending.. at 4 o'clock in the morning. They celebrate midnight as the minute that Christ was born, and our beds were literally shaking from all of the noise. Our mosquito nets fell from the ceilings and everything. Haha, so crazy. So much fun. Everyone also burned all of their trash? Interesting tradition.. But I just love El Salvador. 

The members took such good care of me. We have eaten like queens the last few days. Cheesecake, chocolate cake, cookies...a ton of food. The sweetest thing ever is that some members found me DR. PEPPER! I have no idea how, but I literally started crying I was so thankful. We all know that I am irrationally emotional, but oh my goodness it was so nice. And I still love Dr. Pepper more than I should.

We received word of transfers this morning. I will be staying here in Centro, and I will be meeting my companion on Wednesday! I am not sure who she is yet, but I am so excited to meet her. I am going to be her first companion here in the mission, so I just hope that I can do a good job of helping her love missionary work as much as I do.

I love you all! Have a happy week!

Hermana Houston
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment