Mar 13, 2017

Week 41 - March 13, 2017



Hello everyone,

RAIN! I have not seen rain since I left Ataco, but we got rain! To be honest, it was a difficult week.. But there is a lot to be happy about! Like.. the rain. And.. the rain. I will have more things to be happy about next week. Hehe.

No, really, I am doing okay. For those that know me pretty well, you know that I have a heart that usually doesn't do a good job of watching out for herself. I tend to start loving people before I learn what their favorite color is, and that isn't normal... But I continue to make an effort to see it as a gift. Being a missionary has been no different. When we meet people and start to share the gospel with them, I just start to love them in a way that I don't think that I could put into words! The Lord helps me to see their divine potential, the ways that the gospel could bless their lives, and the love that the He has for them.. And that makes things a whole lot harder when they decide that they don't want to keep learning about the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am not kidding, I felt like I was dumped by a boyfriend this week. It felt worse than getting dumped by a boyfriend.

But the Lord knows how I am feeling, and He knows that everything is going to turn out okay. So, I just keep trusting in His love, and finding comfort from the example of His life. In the Book of Mormon, in Jacob chapter 5 is the allegory of the tame and wild olive trees, and just about all of it relates to missionary work.. In verse 41 it says, "And the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant- What could I have done more for my vineyard?" I felt a lot of peace in this verse.. That the Lord understands me perfectly. Sometimes the Lord cries for His children, and He definitely feels sorrow when they don't want to keep progressing in His gospel. The thought passed through my mind more than once this week.. "Are you kidding me? Where did we go wrong? What more can we do? Why?!"  But the Lord knows why.. And with His help, we are going to see miracles this week.. We are sure of it.

And until the miracles come.. I will just be here, dancing in the rain.

Haha clearly not, I will be here working diligently so that miracles happen. Ok, love you all. Happy week.

Sister Houston  



No comments:

Post a Comment