Mar 27, 2017

Week 43 - March 27, 2017



Hi cute people,

I think that some of the experiences that I have had in the past few days have changed my life forever, and without a doubt, seeing how the Lord works in the lives of others has changed my perspective of everything. Sister Chinchilla and I were talking last night about our week, and we just feel so humbled to be here... And so humbled to know that the Lord trusts us to be His hands! The joy that I have felt in the last few days is the kind that fills your heart and soul, and it is the joy that only comes from the knowledge of the gospel, and service to God's children.

On Friday, after lots of appointments had fallen through and disappointments appeared, we had a strong impression to visit an inactive member named Tatiana. She opened the door with tears in her eyes, and nervously let us in, which was strange but I knew that we were where we needed to be. We sang a hymn, prayed, and after tried to figure out what the story was... And how we could help. We learned that Tatiana's husband had left her alone with her 3 children about a week ago. That they hadn't eaten in days...There was no light or water in the house. And that the landlord had just passed by to tell them that if they couldn't pay the rent by the next morning, they would be out on the street. Sister Chinchilla and I are 20 year old girls. I have been very blessed in my life, and I have never experienced or seen anything like that...But I had a crying and devastated mother in my arms, asking me what to do, and Sister Chinchilla had 3 young children crying at her feet. We were without words, and I felt more inadequate than I ever have in my entire life. But something that my mission has taught me is that the answer can always be found in our Savior, and so I trusted that He would guide my words.

We studied the scriptures, bore testimonies, and remembered how powerful the Lord truly is.. And that He works miracles in the lives of his faithful children that seek His help. By the time that the lesson was over, Tatiana was smiling, her children laughing, and their sorrow was truly swallowed up in the joy of truth and light.

And this is what this gospel does... It brings light to the darkest places, peace to the weary soul, and hope when all other options are gone. Elder Jeffery R. Holland has said, "There really is light at the end of the tunnel. It is the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the light that is endless, that can never be darkened. It is the very Son of God himself."

I love my Savior. I testify that He lives. I know that He loves each one of us, and I know that
He knows us personally. I am eternally thankful for the knowledge that I have of this gospel, and I am eternally thankful for the opportunity to share it.

I love you all.

Sister Houston
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment