Mar 6, 2017

Week 40 - March 6, 2017



Family and Friends,

I think that all of my life, growing up, I felt like when I was 20 years old I would finally feel like a grown up.. I would finally feel like I had life figured out. I also thought that when I had 9 months in my mission, when I had made it to the halfway point, I would really know how to be a missionary. Haha. When I woke up on Thursday morning I just couldn't help but laugh.

My birthday was really happy here. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a little sad in the morning.. Just because.. yes I am more mature and independent but yes I still cry because I miss my parents. And you know how I get sentimental when it comes to events...But then my companion and the members treated me like a little princess, and I felt so loved! I spent the day getting cake smashed in my face, or eggs smashed on my head because I currently live in El Salvador... But I really could not have imagined a better day! It was your perfect, typical Salvadoran birthday.

We worked really hard this week. We worked incredibly hard this week. Then we took this picture at church yesterday when nobody came. It is a beautiful demonstration of the "newby" optimism and the constant stress of a worried and kind of chubby mother. But I have 9 months to slim down so everything is going to be fine.

Have a good week:)

Sister Houston



No comments:

Post a Comment