Feb 27, 2017

Week 39 - Feburary 27, 2017




Hey cuties,

Okay good news! I am still living and back to normal health here in El Salvador. I have medicine that has been helping a lot, I can finally eat, I am back to doing the work that I love, and I am... Happy! Oh so happy.

This week was full of miracles, because that is how Heavenly Father does things for His missionaries... And it ended with a baptism! We have been teaching Bryan for a couple of months now. He is the younger brother of a recent convert, and ever since his brother got baptized,he has wanted to be a member of the church too. Bryan is only 13, and for that we wanted to make sure that he truly understood the doctrine and the importance of baptism. Back in January, Bryan had decided that he wanted to be baptized on the 25th, and we were doing all that we could to help him achieve his goal. However, when I got sick things got all crazy and I had thought that we were going to have to postpone his baptism. But, in very real and special ways we were able to see that the Lord wanted Bryan to be baptized, and he cleared the path for him. The baptismal service was beautiful, his older brother was able to baptize him, and in the font they hugged and cried together from the pure joy that only the gospel can create. They have a long road ahead of them, but they are two amazing young men whom the Lord is preparing for amazing things.

I continue to become more humble every week. I love being a part of  His work, sometimes I stand in awe that the Lord is trusting us with His children. These last few weeks haven't been easy, but I am learning and growing. My testimony is stronger. I know that the Lord knows what He is doing. 
Jacob 3:1 says:

Look Unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause. 

I just trust in that promise with all of my heart.
Thank you for the sweet emails, for the prayers, and for the constant support. I could not ask for better friends or a more amazing family. There isn't anywhere else that I would rather be.

All my love,

Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment