Feb 6, 2017

Week 36 - February 6, 2017




Hi Family and Friends,

Well another week has passed by in Centro. Also, we will finish another transfer this week. Which is unreal, because I feel like I have only been with Sister Chinchilla for two weeks. However, I am pretty sure that we will get to enjoy another change together- so I am happy about that.

This week was a little hard for me. This "white girl stomach" has just been absolutely failing me, and I spent a lot more of this week in bed or at the doctor than I would have liked to. But.. I continue to learn and better understand the importance of trusting in God's plan for me. On Thursday morning in my personal study I was feeling a little sad, because I was just sick of being sick and worrying about whether or not I would be okay.. But as I was reading the Book of Mormon I felt comfort and peace. While what I learned had nothing to do with the passages of scripture that I was reading, I felt the spirit confirming to me that everything would be okay as long as I kept trusting in my loving Heavenly Father. He knows me better than I know myself, and his ways are higher than mine. I don't understand why everything happens the way that it does, and that's okay! For lack of better words, the Lord has my back. How thankful I am for the power of the Book of Mormon, and also for the Holy Ghost who comforts and bears witness of what we need, when we need it the most.

Well, I really just don't have much to say. The good news is that I have had wonderful people taking care of me, the most amazing ward and friends here in El Salvador praying for me (lots of amazing people at home too), and after 3 weeks of struggling.. I am finally doing better. Thank you for the constant support, prayers, and love. It was hard to be so sick and so far away from home, but there isn't anywhere else that I would rather be.

I am sorry that I don't have any pictures.. But there was just nothing cute about this face during the week. Next week! Woohoo.

All of my love,

Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment