Jan 9, 2017

Week 32 - January 9, 2017


 Hello loved ones,

It has been a happy, happy week here in the ever so hot oven of Santa Ana. Haha, but seriously, it is so hot. Besides getting cooked by the sun almost everyday, everything is absolutely amazing. We are doing a lot of good work here, my companion continues to be one of the best people that I have ever met, and Jose Rafeal was baptized on Saturday! Life is great, and being a missionary is without a doubt the best thing that I have ever done.

This week we had a multi-zone conference which was wonderful. We learned so many great things, and as we have applied them to our work we have seen miracles. But you guys, miracles. I always love the idea that while we might be doing a pretty good job, there is always something to improve. And as we improve, the Lord blesses us. It applies in missionary work, it applies in life. As we do our best to become better people, Christ´s atonement comes, sweeps us off our feet, and makes us who we need to be. Oh, how I love this gospel! And being a missionary:)

Haha, my hair is still orange..(Well it actually just depends on lighting) I still shower in cold water, and the ever so lovely screeches of Geckos is still what puts me to sleep at night or just overwhelming exhaustion. But I can assure you that I am the happiest that I have ever been. My faith in my loving Savior and in the Restoration of his gospel is stronger than it ever has been before. And I have the opportunity to share that testimony every day! What more could a girl ask for- Maybe Panda Express. No, but really, I am thrilled with my life right now. 

President Thomas S. Monson said, "To be an example of faith means that we trust in the Lord and in His word. It means that we possess and that we nourish the beliefs that will guide our thoughts and our actions.  Our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in our Heavenly Father will influence all that we do. Amidst the confusion of our age, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives."

I wish you all a great week! Let it be a week of increasing faith and finding happiness in all that we do. I love you all, and you will hear from me so soon.. Because the weeks pass by like days. I still cant figure out how.

Love,

Hermana Houston 



No comments:

Post a Comment