Jan 23, 2017

Week 34 - January 23, 2017



Friends and Family,

Hello! It has been a..... week. I am doing okay, but a nasty stomach bacteria kicked my little missionary booty this week. I don't tell you to worry you, just that over Skype we said that there wouldn't be anymore secrets.. But I am doing okay! I started taking a medicine that has helped me a ton, and the members here in Centro took such good care of me. I threw my baby girl, Sister Chinchilla, out against the wolves to visit with some members' and she did such an amazing job! So, the work is still moving forward.. And I am a happy, proud, and now not sick mom.

The good news is that we went to the temple this week! Oh my goodness, it was so wonderful. I was feeling pretty stressed.. And just overwhelmed because I was sick, some trials that our investigators are passing through, and just.. missionary life in general. However, my testimony continues to be strengthened that our Heavenly Father knows his children! He knew that I would need to be in the temple this week. I felt the peace and strength that I so desperately needed, and I feel optimistic for the coming week.

We have been teaching the Rajo family for about a month and a half now, and they are truly just amazing people. They attend a different church, but have always been warm and receptive of our message. The father of the family, Fransisco, received his answer that this is the true church about 2 weeks ago, but has been struggling with a fear of how changing his religion might affect his family. His wife is wonderful, and firm in her beliefs in the gospel in which she was raised, and doesn't have much of a desire to consider anything else. We have been praying and fasting that she could soften her heart a little bit, and on Saturday night the Lord helped us out. She told her husband that she just wanted him to be happy, and that she was okay with him going to church with the (mormons) and that she would make more of an effort to learn more too. Ahh! I am sure you can all imagine how the spirit blessed their home in this moment, and we were absolutely thrilled.

Sunday morning I was reflecting on the miracle that happened within the Rajo Family, and also the power of prayer.. I loved what I found in the bible dictionary "Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them." Here's another humble missionary testimony that God hears and answers our prayers! He knows our needs and the needs of our loved ones, and through the power of sincere prayer, he can and will work miracles in our lives. He will bless us in ways that we have never imagined were possible.

I love you all, I love missionary work. Thank you for your support. Have the most amazing week:)

Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment